Packer/Sandwich Maker - Grace's Bakery
Job Posted: 21 September 2022
- Contract Term: Permanent
- Location: Ryde, Isle of Wight
- Contract Type: Full time
- Salary: £9.65 per hour
- Industries: Catering, Hospitality & Bar Logistics & Transport Miscellaneous
Grace's Bakery is looking for a reliable, punctual and organised Evening Sandwich Maker/Packer to join our team in Ryde.
Grace's delivers to 60+ wholesale customers across the Isle of Wight 6 days a week (Monday to Saturday). The packing role is essential in ensuring that their orders are all sealed, labelled and packed correctly.
If you are happy working on your feet and find satisfaction in tasks where you are systematically organising things then please email us today!
Rate of Pay: £9.65 for all 18+, 17 and under will be at age rate. Pay reviewed upon successful probation period.
- 24 - 48hrs Hours a week
- Between 4 and 6 days a week
- Job and finish (finish times vary depending on volume of orders. Average finish time is 9pm but this can be earlier during quieter periods or later during our busier periods)
- Making sandwiches, wraps, baguettes and rolls.
- Sealing, labeling and packing sandwich orders to a high standard - ensuring they are presentable
- Performing quality control checks to make sure no damaged items are sent out
- Working within a small team
- Accuracy whilst maintaining a good pace is extremely important
- Ensuring a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene when working
- Keeping the work area clean at all times
- Full Training provided
- Opportunity for advancement and further training
- Experience working with food is not essential but is an advantage
- Good understanding of English and Math is essential
- Being a reliable and punctual person is extremely important
- Experience working in packing/warehouse roles is not essential but is an advantage
- Be comfortable standing on your feet for the shift
- Be comfortable with heavy lifting and moving