Apprentice Support Worker - Way Forward
Job Posted: 2 September 2022
- Contract Term: Apprenticeships
- Location: Newport, Isle of Wight
- Contract Type: Full time
- Salary: National Minimum Wage for Age
- Industries: Apprenticeships Health & Social Care
Job Start Date: 01/09/2022
The Way Forward Programme is part of Newport based charity Osel Enterprises which was formed in 1988 to provide training and employment for people with disabilities and autism living on the Island.
The Way Forward Programme works with adults and young people from 12 years of age to retirement who have a learning or physical disability, people on the autistic spectrum and people suffering from mental health conditions providing services 7 days a week and every evening.
Apprenticeship Job Description
To support the provision working with young people and adults with learning, and physical disabilities, autism and mental health conditions, insuring high standards of care and inclusion.
On the apprenticeship you will learn how to:
- Work alongside individuals with a disability to provide appropriate guidance & support.
- Read and understand customer assessments including progression requirements.
- Read and digest customer risk assessments when required.
- Participate in everyday activities within the centre, behave in an acceptable manner for the working environment, and comply with Health & Safety requirements.
- Provide support and emergency intervention if required, refer issues to programme lead where resolution is required
- Liaise with other team members involved in the support & care of the individual to meet identified needs & resolve issues
- Ensure all records involved in the role of support work are completed accurately, incident/accident forms to be completed in a timely manner and in accordance with policy
- To make yourself available on a regular basis at an agreed appointed time to assess and review your personal and professional development.
- Attend safeguard, autism, food and hygiene and first aid training when required.
- Ensure all paperwork relevant to working role is completed on time and made available to Programme Lead/Deputy and entered into our database.
- Liaise with other agencies/providers/employers in a positive manner
- Attend case conferences and/or reviews as required by programme lead.
35 Hours per week over 7 days including some evenings
The successful candidate will undertake the Level 2 Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship and will be fully supported by HTP Apprenticeship College.